Thursday, December 9, 2010

14 Months and every bit the MONSTER!

I feel like an asshole because I'm like 2 days behind on your monthly post which is totally not like me because I have serious OCD type issues that usually don't allow me to miss things like this.....but I did and I'm totally calling myself out on it.  But enough about me....lets talk about your monster little ass!!!

This last month has brought on a whole new level of diva!!!!  You. Are. A. Beast!!!!!  A cute little midget beast but a beast nontheless!  Remember all that talk about ZERO patience and temper issues???  Well that has significantly increased!!  It makes me a little nervous because when you get frustrated you tend to chuck things or fists...whatever works for you at the moment.  I'm trying to figure out how to redirect your frustrations and teach that hitting really isn't the way to go....especially when you hit mommy and daddy.....remember we are the ones that feed you....you need to be nice!  I know you are trying to figure out this whole big world around you so we do what we do and just hope that you won't grow up to be a total Asshole!


These two little peoples....right above here....are your most bestest peeps!  You three are a fricken hoot....there are times you play well together and then there are the times where you whack Belle in the head (remember we need to work on that whole not being an Asshole thing) and shove Carter out of your "bubble".  But the fact that you three have each other is truly a wonderful blessing!


You still think that you can run better than walk and let me tell you....that's not really the case.  You don't look like a drunk frankenstein too much anymore but it's funny because you totally walk like your dad.  It's hard to explain it but you just do and anyone who knows you and your dad can totally understand.  You love to be chased and I'm hoping that will give mommy a smaller ass!


We have our routines.  Our bedtime routine is pretty set and is very ritualistic.  You start with your nightly cocktail of warm milk in a bottle on the couch with mommy and your blankie (unless daddy steals you and in that case mommy wants to kick him in his biscuit because.. thats our time dammit!) and then we sit and snuggle for a little bit.  Then we have to get up and you make sure that dad is right behind us....we have to go look at all the pictures on the wall in the hallway and you point and say "Whosssattt" when the majority of the pics are of you!  Then you get all tucked in with your seahorse and blankies and get mucho kisses and sweet dreams and then it's time for mommy and daddy to Just.....SIT!!!  I love that you know that this is what we do...and the fact that you go down so easily makes life much nicer for mom and dad!


You are starting to talk more....you obviously have your own vocabulary but your communication and understanding of more things is growing every day.  I try to continuously talk to you and explain things that we are doing so you get the concept of different things.


You are a total vulture!!!!  You LOVE to mooch food off of whoever is around!  Totally your mom!!!  I'm just grateful that you like to try things.  And we know right away if you don't like something because that shit comes right back out.  You have found it to be real funny to start throwing your food and flinging it and spitting it out.  You also hoard food in your chubby little cheeks.  I still get yelled at for cutting your food up smaller than what you may expect but you are a HOARDER and...well....thats just what I'm gonna do until you eat your food!


You are quite the character and I love watching you start to explore things more and get more comfortable with yourself and others.  Your massive meltdowns (like we are experiencing as I write this) could be fewer but I guess that's what makes you YOU!!  And I love you more than you could ever imagine!!!

2 comments:

  1. this once a month shit doesnt do it for me! I miss your old sporadic posting schedule...Miss seeing you around more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amanda. But I get it. It's hard to blog with a monster on the loose.

    And why does it sound like you're describing my 23-month-old son? Either your Mia is super precocious or my Q is a bit immature. Or we're just stuck with beasts for life -- Moms of beasts unite!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails