Sunday, May 12, 2013
It's really hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm only going to have an infant for 1 more month. You are growing way too fast and maybe it's because you are our baby and our last but holy hell....time does not slow down whatsoever!
* You, My Child, are a fricken riot! You don't sit still.....like EVER! You've mastered standing all on your own and are trying so very hard to walk! The most you've done is about 5 steps but you usually get so damn excited after about 2 steps that you start clapping and then try to run so you pretty much just fling your body down! It's quite comical yet I can tell super frustrating for you because you just want to go and keep up with your sister! I'm pretty sure that in a few weeks you will have it down pretty good! Which in a way I'm excited for because crawling can just be so dirty at times. Plus with the weather finally getting nice it'll be nice to bring you outside and just let you go!
* You are STILL NOT sleeping thru the night! I will continue to document this until the glorious day that you decide that sleeping is flipping amazing! You've pretty much mastered naps which is great but this whole middle of the night shit is getting old for mom and dad! Figure.It.Out!!!
* You love big people food and feeding yourself! We still do a little bit of baby food but you've pretty much graduated to what we eat. And honestly, you are like your sister and will eat pretty much anything. You love yourself some noodles for sure! And like your sister you are a food hoarder so we limit how much we put in front of you because you end up looking like a chipmunk with all of your stored food!
* While mom and dad were in Mexico the weather was actually beautiful here and you got your first feel of grass which apparently didn't go over to well. According to your Nani you were not a fan! Like not a fan in the sense that you were clinging to whoever for dear life to get you out of the grass. You've now become used to it and LOVE being outside! Grass is totally cool now!
* You have a little bit of stranger anxiety and it takes you a little while to warm up to people. Which is totally fine with me. I'd rather you be cautious. Plus I love that you still need me! Because I know in just a short amount of time you will want nothing to do with me! So I'll hang on to that for as long as I can.
* Your chatter has reached new heights! I love listening to you and can't wait for you to start with your words! We get Mama and Dada and Nana (which I think is Mimi). You have the same little deep raspy voice like your sister and I love it. You've also mastered the fake cry which comes out often when you want attention or you don't get something you want. It's hilarious!
* At 11 months you weigh 18 pounds and 6 ounces. You are our little peanut! You are still in 9 month clothes slowly getting into some 12 month stuff.
* You are obsessed with the iPad! Actually you are obsessed with most things that you shouldn't be playing with. And remember that fake cry we were talking about....well that usually shows up when I take said things away from you. It wouldn't be so bad but instead of playing like a sweet little girl you usually just bang the shit out things and try buying things from the app store!
* You love bath time! Like so much that you will try to crawl your little ass in before we are ready to put you in. And usually your bath time means mommy and daddy receive a bath fully clothed! It's like tidal waves in the tub with you in there! We are drenched by the time you are done! But you love and seeing that crazy little smile on your face is worth the flood!
Liv....you bring a light to this family that I can't put into words. You are our little Lovey and everyday I'm so very thankful and grateful that I get to be your mommy! It's amazing to be able to see the world thru yours and your sisters eyes! It makes getting up every day worth everything! I love you midget!!!
Posted by Nikki at 3:42 PM
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
You my little dear are only 2 short months away from being one whole big year old! I don't know that I'm quite ready for that yet. These last 10 months have flown by way too quickly and it makes me a little bit sad. I love watching you grow and learn and discover new things but you are my baby and I would really like it to stay that way for a little while longer! But clearly you don't really care to listen to your mom so why should this be any different?!
* You are crazy! I mean cray....zee!!!! I love it! You have such a personality on you! One minute you can be the most serious little person just trying to figure out the world and people around you. You get such a serious look on your face and make no kind of expression whatsoever. Usually this happens when you've just woken up or your around a lot of people. And then on the other hand you can be absolutely bat shit crazy!
* You are a chatter! And your chatter has reached a new level....it's so damn cute! You can tell you want so badly to talk or say something. You also like to scream and yell like a damn dinosaur. Not for any reason except to get our attention or just to hear your own voice. Don't worry....we've recorded it!!!
* You are fast and into everything! You've started walking behind your pusher which I'm totally not ready for and you've decided that you now want to just go ahead and stand on your own! It's not going to be long before you just take off and then god help us all!
* You finally have 2 little bottom toofers! It feels like it took forever for those bitches to pop up and now they are here so I'm hoping you decide to not be a biter! All of your babyness is slowly going away. COME BACK!!!!
* You want so badly to be able to keep up with your sister and Carter and Ella but you're still a little munchkin so it's hard. But anytime they sit and play with you, you love every minute of it!
* You are still a terrorist and seem to get yourself into everything! Or under everything. Or on top of everything. It doesn't really matter.....if you can reach it then it's yours!
* You still DO.NOT.sleep through the night. I'm thinking it's time you figure out how wonderful sleep really is?! Don't ya think? I DO!!!
* You are a beast to change....like literally a beast! Especially after baths. It takes two of us to pretty much pin your ass down and wrangle you into your diaper and clothes. Not cool kid.....just calm down!
* If you are even a little overly tired you tend to go crazy! It usually happens at night at about 7:30 when the craziness starts! It's not bad crazy it's fricken crazy crazy! It's actually quite funny because you and your sister will just roll around on the floor like a couple of lunatics, laughing and flinging your bodies wherever! Usually it's on top of your dad, which I think is hilarious!
* You are a food mooch! Anytime you see anyone with food you are on it! You are eating lots more big people food and you think you are pretty hot shit! I'm still a freak about choking so I'm not even sure how much you actually taste since the pieces I give you are minuscule but whatever!
* Everything still goes into your mouth! Like everything! If it's on the floor you will find it and it will end up in that mouth of yours!
You are starting to become this whole little person way too soon and way too fast! I know there is nothing that I can do to slow it down. All I can do is cherish each of your many milestones and accomplishments and hold on to the memories of them because they are just flying by.
I know I say this in every post but you really make this family complete Lovey! You are a beautiful one of a kind little girl and I love you with all of my heart and soul! I often look at you and your sister and wonder how I got so lucky and thank God each and every day that he chose me to be your mom. I would do anything for you and do my best each and every day to be the best mom I can because you deserve the world and nothing but the best!
I love you my beautiful crazy little Love! Bring on month 11!!!
Posted by Nikki at 3:46 PM
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
So today my little lovey girl you turn 9 months old! 9 Months Old?! What the hell is going on around here?! And let me tell you.....You.Are.A.Fricken.Beast!!! Like seriously.....we've nicknamed you The Terrorist because honestly....You Are! Not so long ago your dad and I thought Mia was a hard baby. Oh Hell No! Not compared to you my dear. You are so wonderfully curious about everything and can't wait to get your little midget hands onto everything you possible can! We never had to baby proof with Mia. We told her No and oddly enough she listened. You.....Not so much! No is not a part of your little vocabulary!
* Today you weigh 17pounds 9ounces and are 28 inches long which puts you in the 45th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height.
* You LOVE to eat! You have become much more independent in the eating arena and we've been starting to give you more big people food which you thoroughly enjoy shoving into your mouth or your hair or all over you self! I guess I can't really pin point any favorites since you'll try just about anything.
* You still get up during the night...which honestly sucks ass but whatever I guess! We've tried the whole crying it out method but you seriously scream like someone has ripped your arms off and started beating you with them. Not really worth it at this point. You just can't seem to figure out how to self soothe.....Can you please figure it out my little love! Daddy and I need some much needed sleep!
* You honestly manage to get yourself into, onto, over, under and all the way through things on a daily basis! You aren't afraid of much when it comes to exploring and really don't understand the word NO! Like at all! You've been pulling yourself up on things for about a month now and now we've started to walk a little around those things you pull yourself up on. Which in turn means you fall all the time! I'm pretty sure we might need to get you a helmet here soon! You are quite the bruiser! And on top of all of that you put whatever you can find into your mouth. Like seriously.....you tackled the fake plant in the entry way the other day and were eating the fake grass and dirt out of it. I mean...comeon!
* I think it's time for daddy to put the gate up at the stairs because yesterday you made it almost to the first landing....clearly I'm a horrible mother and wasn't paying attention! Thank god you were just chilling. And actually I just had to step away from writing this because you took a little tumble off the second step! Yep...definitely time for dad to get that shit up!
* Your smile is still as contagious as ever and you seriously crack us up! The noises that come out of your mouth are not normal and ridiculously hilarious! And your laugh might be the best baby laugh of all babies....ever! And you are little miss chatty cathy! Love listening to you!
* Your sister is still the one that you look for all day long! You follow her everywhere and it's damn cute! It melts my heart to see that bond that you two share. And Mia is the best big sister! I can tell she wants so badly for you to able to do more with here and sadly for me that is happening a little faster than I would like!
* Still no teeth yet which is fine by me. It's keeping you a baby a little longer!
Well Kiddo....these last 9 months have flown by and I can't believe that in 3 short months you will be 1. You truly are one of a kind and I couldn't love you anymore! You 2 girls are my whole world and I'm so proud to be your mama! Excited and nervous to see what this next month brings us! Hopefully more laughs and less bumps and bruises...which is completely unlikely to happen but I can hope! Love you my little lovey girl!!!
Posted by Nikki at 6:49 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Let me start by saying you are the cutest most beautiful little thing but you have become a goddamn terrorist! And I mean that in the most nicest way possible.....but holy shit kid.....you are all types of crazy!!!
* You are now a completely mobile cruisin little gal! You were doing this whole seal crawl thing and got where you needed to go quickly but just in the last 5 days or so you are full blown crawling and getting into EVERYTHING! And when I say everything I mean everything! I can't keep up!
* Along with the crawling you have now begun pulling yourself up on everything. You think you pretty hot shit. I on the other hand do not! I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to put your sister's hockey helmet on you because the head injuries have already started because You.Will.Not.Stop!
* You have been and still continue to be a mama's girl! I can't complain too much!
* You have quickly become addicted to puffs and I have quickly come to hate them! I have puff trails all over the house! I'm going to need to teach you how to run the vacuum soon too if this addiction continues!
* You still do not believe in sleeping thru the night which dad and I aren't all that cool with! We would appreciate it if you could get a handle on that! Please! I don't believe it's because you are hungry but you haven't figured out how to self soothe yet. We've tried a few nights of the whole crying it out thing but honestly it sucks and honestly you can fuckin cry!!! A LOT! I know we need to stick to it but at 3am the last thing I want to hear is you screaming and then screaming some more. For one it's fricken loud and two, it's just really pathetic. So....lets figure this out kiddo! Whadaya say?!
* You have the most hysterical and adorable nose scrunchy face that you do and it's accompanied by snorting! I LOVE it! Mees can get you to do it better than the rest of us! You find her quite hilarious! The two of you crack us up most of the time!
* You continue to be all up in your sisters business and it's gotten funnier. I don't think she thinks it's all that funny but dad and I sure do! We just kinda let you go for it....at least for a little bit until things get out of control and you are trying to shove something of hers or her in your mouth!
* I'm pretty sure you've started to say "mama". Not sure if you are understanding the meaning but I'm pretty sure you do which makes you amazing and ridiculously intelligent......I mean why wouldn't you want to say mama?! I'm just going to go ahead and claim that you are saying it so there!
* I'm pretty sure too that you are cutting your first tooth. I think I can see it but I thought I saw it like 2 months ago so what the hell do I know?! But if you are anything like your sister which so far things have been quite similar then I think you are getting your first little toofer! The past week or so you've had a horrible diaper rash...and by horrible I mean bleeding little tooshie and all. I've felt horrible. I know a lot of people say it's only a myth but I'm not one of those peoples. So I'm fixing to see a tooth here soon!
* You are still obsessed with your blankie but have started to shy away from your Nuk. It's good thing and a bad thing. It's good in the sense that you don't need it but it's bad in the sense that you won't take it sometimes when I just wish you would!
* You have become such a good little eater. You are taking your baby food like a champ and have started holding your own bottle which is so dang cute plus, as noted above about the whole not sleeping thru the night thing, it makes night time feeding so much easier....change your diaper, give you a bottle and mommy and daddy can go right back to bed! Yay for small things!
So my little poopers, you continue to amaze your dad and I with all of you crazy big accomplishments. I say this every month but I just wish I could stall time...just a little! It's hard for me to believe that in just 4 short months we will have a 1 year old again. I feel so proud and blessed that I get to be your mama! I'm blessed that I get to be home with you and I'm blessed that you are a beautiful and healthy baby girl....our baby girl! There are so many things that I wish and hope and pray for for you! I will continue to try my best at being the mother that you deserve because you deserve the world!
Love you my little Livers!
Posted by Nikki at 3:21 PM
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Well my little Miss you are already 7 months old and it's hard to digest that. You have been quite the character this last month. Time goes so fast that I feel like the months just all blend together. I'm trying my best to remember the little moments each day but mommy's memory sucks!
Here are a few things you've been up to this last month:
* You have started the army crawl/scooting! You get up on your hands and knees but haven't quite figured out the whole hand.knee.leg moving together situation. Which is actually just fine by me. But you do manage to get your chubby little but to places you want to go! It's so strange to see you moving all by yourself. I feel like you aren't old enough to be doing that yet.
* You want EVERYTHING you can't have. You have a bagillion toys to play with but you want the paper, cell phones, diapers, wipes, remotes, cardboard, water bottles, everything your sister has, etc etc!!! And it all goes into your mouth!! Holy hell kid....you are crazy!
* You have started sitting up on your own. You aren't totally stable but getting there. It's still a little wibble wobble but it's fricken cute all the same. I love staring at your little peanut head from behind!
* You are obsessed with your sister and all of her things especially her sippy.....you literally attack her for it and I think it's damn funny!
* To say you are high maintenance is an understatement!! You have your bad times of day where the second I or your dad set you down you freak the hell out....you cry and cry and then you fricken cry some more. It makes it really difficult to get things done and it does start to wear on my psyche but I know and hope it's only a faze and I know you are only little once so I'm trying to embrace it. But let me tell ya kiddo....it's hard embracing it at the moment!!
* On the flip side when you are in your smiley playful moods it's absolutely wonderful. You've found your voice and are now babbling and it's hilarious! You definitely know how to speak your mind! And scream!!! I love it and it's hilarious!
* You celebrated your first Christmas this last month and I'm pretty sure you had a blast! I could have just gotten you wrapping paper and boxes but I was stupid and bought cool toys that light up and make noise and are fricken awesome which you really want nothing to fuckin do with! I should have known from your sister but I'm stupid!
* The beginning of December we took you and your sister to "out hotel" in St. Paul. Your sister loves that place as do we! I think you had a good time in your new surroundings. You went in you first pool which was not a very warm one and you hated every damn minute of it. I wish it would have been a little warmer so you could have at least enjoyed it a little bit because you love bath time! Oh well....hopefully next time!
You are growing much to fast for my liking but I guess that's the way things go! I'm so grateful that I get to be home with you and your sister so I can experience all your moments and milestones when they happen! When I think of how much I love you and your sister my heart just explodes. It's amazing the love a mother has for her children and it honestly gets stronger each day! You two little ladies are my whole world. I love you to the moon and back and then some! Bring on the next month!!!
Posted by Nikki at 4:49 PM
Monday, December 10, 2012
I'm a few days late with this but that seems to be the trend lately which is totally not like me but whatever I guess! You and your sister keep me pretty busy these days!
Olivia Rose.....it is so hard for me to believe that a half of a year has gone by already. 6 whole big months and you are quite the little character! Here are just a few things that have gone on this last month:
* You are 15 pounds 11 ounces which puts you the 45th percentile for weight and 26 inches which puts you in the 75th percentile for your height.
* You are so ridiculously high maintenance in the sense that you LOVE to be in the know. You HATE being ignored and would much rather be held and it seems like lately you want mommy more.
* You are still completely obsessed with your big sister. You want to get up and move so badly just so you can be by her all the time! She can get you to smile that wonderfully beautiful big smile all the time. And she loves that she's able to do that.
* Speaking of moving your mode of transportation is rolling everywhere. We can no longer trust you with where you might end up! We found you under the tree the other night batting at ornaments after you ripped the tree skirt from under it.
* You have developed the most wonderful contagious hearty laugh and I just love it! You are ticklish under your arms and your chubby little legs and I'm usually the one that can get you going!
* Your smile lights up your entire face. You don't just smile with your mouth but with all your being! And it's beautiful!
* We have been slowly introducing some solids. You've had applesauce, bananas and rice cereal. It's going ok! You are still trying to figure out how the whole thing works with your tongue and swallowing. Although you get super excited when I feed you and end up smiling so it all comes running out or you get a mouth full and then start blowing bubbles which in turn means food all over mom!
* No teeth yet but I have a feeling it won't be long. Everything gets shoved into your mouth and there is quite a bit of drool still!
* You are somewhat....oh how do I put this?......Bipolar?! It amazes me that you can be so happy one minute and within seconds screaming! And I mean screaming!! You take after your big sister!
* Your naps Suck Ass! I really wish you would figure out how fricken awesome naps are and take them regularly! That would be so fabulous for mom and dad cuz man you can be an asshole! A cute asshole but an asshole nonetheless!
* Speaking of naps and sleeping it would also be wonderful if you would enjoy sleeping thru the night. Just another favor I'd like to ask of you! So Yay...lets work on that!
Lovey...it's been a crazy first 6 months and I've loved every minute of it. Sleep deprivation and all! Sometimes I want to rip my hair out (although you do plenty of that for me) but I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. I love you to the moon and back and can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings us!
"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
Posted by Nikki at 7:23 PM
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Happy 5 months my beautiful baby girl!!! I don't really understand how it's been 5 months already but it has!
You are quite the little lady!!! So much like your big sister it's a little scary. You are a ridiculously happy and smiley baby but then you can turn on us in a second. 9 times out of 10 it's because we are "ignoring" you. You definitely DO NOT like to be ignored. You like to be in the know. You like to be where everyone else is. You are fine for a tiny bit lying and playing on the floor but the instant you realize we aren't right next to you you freak the hell out. You just are a nosey little poop!!! It makes it a little difficult to get things done sometimes because you just want to be held. Honestly I don't mind all that much....I want you to stay little for as long as possible.
The noises that come out of your mouth are contagious! You have definitely found your voice and love to hear yourself!
You constantly follow your sister where ever she goes. You are so intrigued by her and it is so cute to watch you watch her. The two of you are going to be serious trouble once you are more mobile! It makes me a little nervous!
You are rolling everywhere! Like everywhere! You start on one side of the room and within seconds you are on the other side of the room! And then you get pissed!
You don't like to sit still. Actually you don't like to sit at all. Just like your sister you are already standing! Not on your own but you are not content to just sit with us anymore.
You still love to snuggle with me which I totally love! I hope that doesn't ever end.
So my little lovey...I ask that you please slow your roll a little! I'm so excited to see what this next month brings us and how many more milestones we reach! You and your sister are our everything and I'm so happy and proud to be your momma!!! Love you you little poppers!!
Posted by Nikki at 2:27 PM