Monday, June 21, 2010

You know it's a good night when you walk out of the porta potty with soap on your boob!!

Last Saturday Justin and I were lucky enough to partake in some adult activities.....it was a family wedding on Justin's side....in other words there were no cops, cuffs and mace....if you're wondering what the hell that means you'll have to check out white trash wedding!!  Anyway, we had a blast!!  It was a beautiful outdoor backyard bbq.....I was pleasantly surprised as to how beautiful a backyard wedding could be! 


This is the first picture in forever that Justin and I have taken together that doesn't show drool and dried crusty snot on our shoulders!!! It's been forever since we've had a nice photo.....on a side note....my sisters are reading this and probably wanting to punch the shit out me because they think that all Justin and I do is take pictures of ourselves and they are totally bitching that we have like a gagillion photos of us.  Which is completely NOT true! We just think that pictures are so much better when we are in them!!!!  Kidding....totally kinda kidding!!!

They had a signature drink that the bride made...it was spiked blueberry lavendar lemonade....yeah it was pretty f'in tasty!! I only had one of those for fear that I would not be coherent enough to be able to care for my daughter the next morning....so I switched to beer....much better when needing to care for an 8 month old the next day...much better! They had a band that was kinda swing/jazz/blues/you can't really dance to this shit unless you've taken lessons kind of music. They were really good but couldn't really bust a move out on the dance floor....I could have probably made an ass of myself had I had like 7 more beers but instead we just stood in the background and made fun of the aunts marching in place trying to pretend that they could actually dance to that kind of music.  It was a whole lot of legs twists and jazz hands!! 
And then there were the porta pottys....these weren't your ordinary porta pottys....these were some classy fuckin porta pottys.  I was totally confused by them.  Who knew that porta pottys had a flusher and actual soap and some running water that you had to pump with your foot??  Yeah I didn't know any of this....I thought the soap was hand sanitizer as did my Stacy.  So naturally we were using this soap as hand sanitizer.  Drunk dumb ass me couldn't figure out why my hands felt so nasty and slimy and then when we saw the white soap all over Stacy's boob we realized that in fact we were drunk asses!!! 
It was a fun night with lots of laughs and I was grateful that Justin and I got to go out.  The funny thing was though that by the end of the night the conversations turned into poop stories, birth stories and the fact that my husband compared my episiotomy to sorta kinda like "gutting deer".....yeah...he had too many and there was a possibility that I may have slapped the shit out of him....hey, it wasn't father's day yet! 


BWS tips    button

17 comments:

  1. Aww! I am glad you got some adult time. You two look fabulous! You my dear are gorgeous! Now, be careful next time in those porta johns...those things are dangerous:)Happy Mothering!
    http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast Nikki.....funny how you think of what you are drinking for fear of feeling like crap the next day....you know you just can't do it!!~ You and your hubs looked adorable. And yes I do believe you can find that mask just about anywhere....I bought mine at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adult time - what's that? Here from FBT, following you - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I am laughing my ass off right now! LOVE the way you write- that is so how I talk! Don't you just love the Adult time? Ahhh... we try to do it at least once a month if not more- and waaay too many drinks are always involved. We finally got smart and turned "Date Nights" into "Slumber Party" nights for the kids at my parents so we can sleep in the next day! :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! Super hot, glad you had a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday.
    I hope you'll come check me out at PS Mom Reviews and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an awesome nice, I'm a little jealous:) We all need those nights to reconnect with our hubs and friends... and why do stories of our vagina's always come up when we're drunk?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww...gutting a deer. How sweet!
    Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good god that made me laugh! Who knew there were levels of porta-potties?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too cute! It sounds like a seriously (drunken) good time.
    I found myself in one of those porta potties one time. It was handicap accessible too and almost at large as our bathroom at home. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello I am your newest follower! I love your blog! It looks fabulous! When you get a chance take a look at my blog and follow me back! Thanks!

    http://xiicepinkix.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are sickeningly adorable!

    I'm totally lol'ing about the comparison of an episiotomy to a deer gutting...totally something a man would think of!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The title to this post got me laughing. I am a new follower. I found you via ThetaMom. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That blueberry lemonade drinky thingy you were talking about sounds sooooo good! My problem is that I keep getting the really tasty drinks & before you know it, I've had 3 or 4 and I'm on the floor! And, that deer gutting analogy sounds like something my husband would say. He ALWAYS talks about how grossed out he was during certain parts of the delivery experience. Lovely! I agree- it wasn't Father's Day, so you were totally okay when you gave him a karate chop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheesh! Could you be any more beautiful!?!? Seriously! Breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a big dancer but I LOVE going to weddings and scoping out "that" person who thinks they can dance and totally can't. Think Elaine from Seinfeld - there's always one in the crowd. lol Way cute pic of you and the hubs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails