Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What the shit did I just put in my mouth

The other day whilst out shopping with my sissy we picked up some apple cider vinegar from Trader Joes.  Apparently there is a plethora of health benefits a person can receive from drinking a couple of tablespoons of this a day.  I learned about apple cider vinegar from a wondeful bloggie friend and decided that I should try this because...well...why not?  I'm trying to be all healthy and want to loose a couple (a lot) of LB's so yeah...I'm so gonna do this! 

I decided last night before dinner that I was going to try it.  This was after my sister and a good friend already told me that IT WAS NOT GOOD.... NOT GOOD AT ALL!!  But...hey...I'll try it if it helps me loose some weight and is good for my skin.  So I grabbed Justin and told him to come into the kitchen with me because if I'm going to be all healthy and what not so is he and he has to drink this magic drink as well.  I went first and seriously.... WHAT THE SHIT DID I JUST PUT IN MY MOUTH???  Not good...not good at all!!!!  Justin was hesitant but I told him to just do it and not be a f'ing baby....I mean, I just drank it and didn't gag too much....it's not like I almost barfed or anything!  He manned up and took his tablespoon, after which he asked if I hated him and if I wanted him to die???  "No wonder why people loose weight....I don't want to eat anything after that.  Nikki, I'm pretty sure my esophagus is burned to all hell".....words of wisdom from my lovely husband! 

Needless to say we survived the apple cider vinegar and are no longer apple cider vinegar virgins!!!  And yes....I'm going to keep drinking it because thats just what I'm going to do and it gives me something to bitch and complain about.  And yes.... I'm going to make Justin drink it as well because thats just what I'm going to do.  If I suffer he suffers...so he might as well get some health benefits from it!!!

9 comments:

  1. That sounds exactly like something I would do, including dragging my husband along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I would totally drag my husband into it too. I have never tried that before but I have heard about the benefits

    I'm following you from Friday Follow!
    Heather
    http://www.ratherbechangingdiapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. one time this lady at work who is a "health nut" convinced me to try it to help my stomach ache. Ummm.... I almost vomited. DISGUSTING! Don't care if it's the greatest thing ever for you. Horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaah! Yes! I'm so glad you did it! It is really gross. You really do get somewhat used to it after awhile. My Mom is a health nut, so I grew up trying weird things. Anyway, the benefits are great! Keep it up. Your post made me laugh though!!! I sometimes get the heebie jeebies after a drink it... a little shiver. BUT... it's 2 seconds of your life! You can do it. Just pretend like you are drinking, and chase it with a DC! ha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, so funny! And here you comment on my blog to try the apple cider. I shouldn't have read this post. :)
    No, I am going to try it. I need all the help I can get. And I too will make my hubby do it along with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO!!!!SOunds like with we have the same marriage philosophy..If I suffer he suffers too!LOL Happy Friday Follow! Cute blog.Now following from http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/ Please come check me out.
    DEbi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am now extremely intrigued. I am going to run to Google after posting this comment to search apple cider vinegar. haha - sounds like it was very interesting taste test! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is soooo much stuff on ACV if you google it. You'll have to let me know if you try it!! I'm trying to get all the ladies at my work to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails