Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cocktails and poop stories!

Last night Justin and I were fortunate enough to partake in some actual grown up adult interaction with NO kids!!!  We went out for some cocktails for Ann's birthday with some good friends.  It's been a LONG time since we have gone out and honestly I so can't hang like I used to....even if I wanted to I couldn't.  Anyway, my Corona's were everything I hoped them to be and more....and yeah....I got a little buzzed up!  Most people can tell because I pretty much don't shut up....which is bad because I already talk a lot but whatev!!  It was a good time had by all and I'm glad that we were able to get out for a couple of hours and play with OUR friends...(even though I'm pretty sure there were SOME poop stories flying about the kiddos but thats what happens when everyone starts to have babes.)

On to this morning.....we both realized WHY we don't go out much anymore.  It's a real bitch to get up at 6:30 in the AM with your almost 6 month old after a night of drinking.....NOT FUN!!!  It would have been nice if we could have been like "Mees, mommy and daddy had a rough one last night, do you think you could entertain yourself for a couple more hours or better yet just go back to sleep."  Yeah, that don't work!  (We need to teach that girl how to make her own bottles??)   It's pretty sad when I start using the phrase "I'm getting too old for this shit".  But, WE are actual grown ups now AND we have grown up responsibilites and all that blah blah blah! 

It was a blast going out and hanging with the peeps last night but there are reasons why we don't do it that much.....it's not so much fun feeling like ass the next day (it's a little hard to go for bloody's with your baby in the morning!!)

7 comments:

  1. Ha wait til your my age lol!!~ Well it is tough when you have little ones, and yes getting up at 6:30 a.m after a night of corona's just sucks!!~ Glad you did it though, you need to, and you had fun!~ Happy Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once Rowan hit 1, grandma and grandpa started keeping her overnight which makes the morning after oh so much better. Hope that's an option for you guys down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely an option for us...thank god!!! I will be taking full advantage of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel exactly the same way after we go out for grown up time...It is all fun that night, but the next morning is awful (and kind of the whole day too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you were able to enjoy a night out with your hub! I need one of those asap! Sorry about the morning after though... NOT fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my God! I think we are the same person. I had coronas saturday night too!!! I too felt like ass getting up in the morning! Thank God for naps! Hey, you are my monday mention today...hope you had a great Easter~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby and I haven't been out forever either! Hopefully soon! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails