Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bed Time

I haven't written anything for a while because....well frankly I haven't had a whole lot of motivation.  I have had every intention of writing but I just haven't. 
It's been a big couple of days around the Westbrock house.  Mia is finally sleeping in her own room in her own bed.....sorta!  She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and this last weekend was our first attempt to put her in her crib.  I knew that Mia would do fine....it was more of a mommy issue than anything.  People kept asking if she was in her bassinet in our room and I had to kind of shrug my shoulders and say Not exactly.  Well where did/does she sleep you ask??  Well she pretty much sleeps on mom!!  Again I know what you are thinking but it's really hard to put her down.  What if she stops breathing or someone puts a ladder up outside and tries to get in her room or what if her blanket is covering her face or what if that big noisy fucking owl outside flies into the window and the glass shatters and it gets into her crib or what if all the walls fall down around her and I can't get into the bedroom and well I could go on and on with the what ifs.  I always think the worse!!
We are pushing through the anxieties and continuing to go our separate ways at night.  I will say it's nice to actually sleep on my side instead of flat on my back and it's nice to snuggle a little with my husband (and let me tell you thats all we are doing cuz I don't want to have anything to do with that at the moment!!).  I know the worries will never go away and I'll probably never really sleep all that soundly ever again but when I look at her it's all worth it!!!

P.S.  She is napping on the couch with me right now.  I need to start slow....I can't be jumping into anything to fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails